2020 has been an overwhelming year, and it’s time for a little hope and change. So, Lisa and I thought it would be a great idea to create a 2021 Vision Board. Visualization is one of the most powerful mind exercises you can do. Putting your goals on paper in a visual format can motivate, inspire, and help you achieve your goals. And, it will give you something positive to look forward to in 2021.
Below is a summary of how to put together your vision board.
- Sit down with paper and pen and think about your goals for the coming year.
- Create a basic structure for your vision board using a poster board. For example, you can divide the poster board into sections, then title each section for an area of your life.
- Start writing your goals and intentions for each area of your life directly on the poster board. It will get covered over later with collage images, so don’t worry about how it looks.
- Find and cut out images and words for the vision board. These are images and words that speak to you and embody your goals. You will probably want to cut out more than you’ll need or will end up using. You may also want to search Google images or Pinterest to find what you have in mind for your goals.
- Sort and arrange the images and words onto your vision board, and place it roughly in the section it will go. Whatever is leftover can be used at another time.
- Now the fun begins, edit and create your board. Begin to narrow down both the images, words and the placement.
- Glue down your images, words and embellishments if you choose.
- Add your own words, doodles, or sketches over and around the collaged images.
- Now, it’s time to hang your new vision board on the wall.
- Review your vision board daily! Make sure to pause and review the images, messages, and goals and let them turn into your reality!
So, put your vision boards together and join us on December 14th at 630pm at our next Women Helping Others Advance (WHOA) virtual group meeting, where we will be discussing our boards. Let’s bring all our visions alive with support and hope from one another. You can find the zoom link on our “Just So You Know page”,
We can’t wait to see you all there!
Linda and Lisa